Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- Mozambique decriminalises abortion to stem maternal deaths: Mozambique has passed a law permitting women to terminate unwanted pregnancies under specified conditions without risking punishment, a move hailed by activists in a country where clandestine abortions account for a large number of maternal deaths. President Armando Guebuza on Thursday quietly signed into law a revised penal code bill that eases prohibitions in abortion regulations. In ...
- Irish face new abortion row over brain-dead woman: DUBLIN (AP) — Ireland is debating its ban on abortion again as doctors keep a brain-dead pregnant woman on life support, awaiting a judge's verdict on what do to with the living fetus.
- Federal Eye: Spending measure allows abortion coverage for Peace Corps volunteers: The $1.1 trillion spending bill ended the federal ban on abortion assistance for Peace Corps volunteers.
- Anti-abortion protester cautioned: A woman convicted of harassing a Marie Stopes clinic director is cautioned for breaching a court order.
- Defying Poland's restrictive abortion law: Left to their own devices, tens of thousands of Polish women travel abroad to terminate unwanted pregnancies.
- NC abortion rule-makers urged to put science first: RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Abortion-rights advocates urged North Carolina health officials on Friday to focus on science and not politics as they update rules for abortion clinics. The updates have been submitted for public comment, including Friday's meeting in Raleigh. About 60 people, many of them wearing shirts ...
- Mozambique legalises abortion to stem maternal deaths: Mozambique has legalised abortion, making it one of the few countries in Africa to allow women to terminate unwanted pregnancies.
- Anti-abortion protester sentenced: An anti-abortion protester convicted of harassing a Marie Stopes clinic director is sentenced to 100 hours community service.
- Varadkar: Abortion issue is ‘never going to go away’: The Health Minister said he was aware of the life support case in Mullingar when he called legislation “too restrictive”.
- Heartbreaking case revives Ireland abortion furor: Judge must rule on whether to keep brain-dead pregnant woman on life support
- Bodies of Two Unborn Babies or Infants Found in Storage Unit, Left to Decompose: Our acceptance of abortion has led to other deadly evils, like assisted suicide, euthanasia and infanticide. In a country that accepts the killing of unborn children as a social norm, we cannot pretend that the slaying of over 55 million human lives through abortion will not change the way the world works. In 1973, when […]
- Baby Boy Born After Brain-Dead Mother Kept Alive Two Months: A baby has been born in Hungary after a very rare circumstance in which his brain-dead mother was kept alive for three months so he could be born.As LifeNews has previously reported, in a case out of the United States from 2005, this kind of situation has occurred previously but is far from common. In […]
- The Reason Why This Diaper Bag Company Gives Away $300 Bags is Priceless: When Landon and Meggan Wood started Lily Jade, a diaper bag company, in 2013, they had no idea that their bags would travel to places like South America and Ethiopia on the shoulders of adoptive mommies. But thanks to the couple’s generosity and pro-life spirit, their Adoptive Mom Giveaway hosted the first Monday of every month is one […]
- Woman Decapitates Her 7-Year-Old Daughter With Cerebral Palsy, Says Demons Told Her to Do It: A 33-year-old mother, Nadejda Voronova, was arrested in Russia after she cut off her disabled daughter’s head because she allegedly heard the voices of demons who told her to do it. The woman’s daughter, Yana (below right), was seven years old and had cerebral palsy. Vornova divorced her husband in 2010 and was raising her […]
- Sacramento, California City Council Secretly Funds Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz: Apparently there isn’t one person on the Sacramento City Council who opposes Planned Parenthood. A recent KCRA report revealed that funds are being donated by the California council members to the abortion business; however, the money is supposed to be ear-marked for teenage mothers through a Planned Parenthood scholarship and program. The organization claims that […]
- Courageous Teen Lauren Hill Will Help Fight Cancer As An Honorary Basketball Coach: Earlier this month, LifeNews reported that Lauren Hill, the freshman at Mt. Joseph College with terminal cancer, entered hospice care. Hill became a world-wide superstar after she participated in a college basketball game despite her deteriorating health. Hill has a very deadly form of brain cancer– Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG), which is a pediatric […]