Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- 1 year later, no new abortion rules in N. Carolina: RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Abortion rights advocates in North Carolina say they are in the dark about new rules required by a year-old law that they fear could effectively shut down many of the state's clinics.
- GovBeat: States are passing fewer abortion restrictions: Fewer restrictions were passed in the first half of this year than in the same period during the past three years.
- Fewer abortion clinics in minority communities: study: A leading abortion research organization has doubled down on its findings that most abortion clinics are not in minority neighborhoods. Sixty percent of abortion providers are in majority white ZIP codes, Guttmacher Institute said in a new report. "The claim that most abortion providers are located in black or Hispanic ...
- Abortion clinic remains open despite magistrate’s ruling: The Sharonville abortion clinic that was ordered to shut down on Thursday will remain open for business until a Hamilton County judge rules on a magistrate’s decision.
- Abortion Rights Activists Reflect on SB 353 a Year Later: Heavy rain did not keep pro-choice advocates from protesting the controversial abortion bill that was passed this time last year. Planned Parenthood hosted a rally outside of bicentennial mall Thursday.
- Abortion buffer zone laws begin falling after Supreme Court ruling: Less than two weeks after a Supreme Court ruling struck down a Massachusetts law requiring protesters to stay outside a 35-foot buffer zone around abortion clinics, cities around the country are moving to repeal similar laws or are not enforcing the buffer zones.
- NY Attorney General: Abortion clinic buffer zones are intact: ALBANY, N.Y. — New York’s attorney general told police Thursday that legal buffer zones around abortion clinics are intact in 22 of the state’s counties despite the recent U.S. Supreme...
- Abortion Rights Advocates Call For Legislation To Enhance Safety Outside Clinics: After the Supreme Court ruled that the Mass. buffer zone law is unconstitutional, women's health advocates have acted quickly to push through new legislation.
- Abortion clinic buffer zones: Does court ruling put many in peril?: Cities and states across the US are scrambling to determine whether their laws regarding abortion clinic buffer zones are permissible, after the US Supreme Court ruled Thursday that a Massachusetts statute mandating a 35-foot protester-free zone at clinics is unconstitutional. The high court’s decision Thursday was unanimous, finding that Massachusetts had violated the free-speech rights of anti ...
- Denver lawsuit accuses abortion clinic of not reporting rape of 13-year-old: A Denver Planned Parenthood office and four unidentified employees are being sued for failing to recognize child-sexual abuse when they gave a 13-year-old girl an abortion and birth control. The man who brought her in for the abortion and requested the services was the teen's step-father and longtime sexual abuser. ...
- Is a Catholic Hospital in Wisconsin Employing an Abortion Practitioner?: There has been an interesting situation as of late at the Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare in La Crosse Wisconsin, according to a local news outlet, La Crosse Tribune. The hospital is co-sponsored with the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration. Thus, as an institution which bears at least part of Catholic sponsorship, one should expect […]
- Father’s Touching Diary to Premature Baby He Feared Would Not Survive Goes Viral: Daisy-Mae Little was born on December 1, 103 days before her due date. Her parents Wayne and Jenny feared their newborn daughter would not survive after she was rushed to special care so, to help get support for her from friends and family, her father Wayne Little started a Facebook diary to chronicle her journey. […]
- “Safe, Legal and Rare?” Hillary Clinton Has Never Done Anything to Make Abortion Rare: If you’ve paid much attention the last couple of weeks, you already know Hillary Clinton’s been through an awfully rough patch of water for someone who (somehow) had heretofore been designated as the likely Democratic candidate for President in 2016. You know the litany. To name just a few…the skin-crawling-inducing comments about being “broke” and […]
- Abortion Activists Grow More Extreme: “Every Reason for an Abortion Is a Good Reason”: There is something to be said for the Amanda Marcottes of this world, especially when they write posts for pro-abortion sites with headlines like “Every Reason for an Abortion Is a Good Reason.” Of course even this understates where she is coming from. Writers often don’t compose their own headlines. To Marcotte the very notion […]
- Judge Says Incest Okay Because Abortion Can Kill “Deformed” Babies Incest Produces: An Australian Judge has implied that incest is okay ad to make matters worse he suggested legalized abortion can get rid of children that may be born deformed from the relationship. According to The Independent, District Court Judge Garry Neilson has been criticized for espousing the view that sexual contact between siblings or between adults […]
- Chinese Couple Sells Their Children to Buy Online Video Games: We frequently report here at LifeNews how abortion has led to a society that devalues the lives of children – born or unborn. Here is another story that makes that case. In this case, two video game-obsessed parents allegedly sold their kids to child traffickers and used the money to buy fictional items in online […]