Abort73.com / Facts About Abortion / Abortion in the News
Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- What You Missed During Today's Abortion Hearing In The House: If you were wondering why anti-abortion advocates were so keen on getting the Kermit Gosnell trial into the daily cable news cycle this spring, look no further than HR 1797: the reintroduced "D.C. Pain Capable Unborn Protection Act," a bill that would ban abortions at 20 weeks, which has been amended to apply on a national level. The bill, introduced and amended by Trent Franks, the Chair of the ...
- Abortion Opponents Try to Spin Murder Case Into Legislation: Abortion opponents are hoping the recent murder conviction of Pennsylvania abortion provider Kermit Gosnell will lead to more scrutiny of second trimester abortions. They're working on a bill that would ban most abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy — nationwide.
- Neb. AG wants to revoke license of abortion nurse: A prominent Nebraska abortion clinic is facing a new legal challenge from state officials who want to revoke the license of the clinic's only nurse because of allegations of questionable care. Nebraska ...
- Abortion clinics lose licenses again: Accused of beginning abortions with no doctor present State health regulators suspended the licenses of several abortion clinics owned by Associates in OB/GYN Care for the second time after an employee with no health care license or certification gave a patient a drug to induce an abortion at the Baltimore facility.
- House Republicans promote 20-week abortion ban: House Republican who oppose abortion promoted legislation Wednesday that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. These Republicans want to move ahead despite recent court decisions that have struck ...
- GOP questions IRS scrutiny of anti-abortion groups: IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — When a small anti-abortion group in Iowa sought nonprofit status, the Internal Revenue Service asked its board to promise not to organize protests outside Planned Parenthood and demanded to know how its prayer meetings and protest signs were educational.
- Ill woman at center of abortion debate in El Salvador: A 22-year-old woman in El Salvador, pregnant and suffering from illnesses, has become a flashpoint in the country's debate on abortion.
- TEXAS LEGISLATURE: Abortion bills lost in House and Senate: AUSTIN — The bill to ban abortion before 20 weeks of gestation didn’t make it to the Texas House or Senate floor. Neither did a bill to prevent minors from circumventing parents through a judge to get an abortion. Nor did a bill to require higher standards for abortion clinics.
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up with advances: The illegal abortion trial of Dr. Kermit Gosnell horrified the nation. Gosnell was found guilty of delivering late-term live...
- Micheál Martin voices support for abortion Bill: FF leader says Bill would make abortion more restrictive than is currently the case
- 64% of Women Having Abortions Faced Pressure, How One Woman Overcame It: I have nowhere to turn and no support in keeping my unborn child who I already love dearly. This baby is my miracle. What do you say to a woman who has nothing? Love does not feed or clothe my children. Love and grace will not keep a warm place for my children to sleep. [...]
- Planned Parenthood Conference Has Teens Teaching Porn to Adults: When I walked into this year’s Oregon Adolescent Sexuality Conference in Seaside, Oregon, one of the first things I encountered was a table manned by three young teen boys. On the table was a collage that included many depictions of totally bare female genitalia—obviously pornographic and, one would think, illegal. The collage included a drawing [...]
- Kermit Gosnell Shows Legal Doesn’t Mean Safe When It Comes to Abortion: On May 13, West Philadelphia abortionist Dr. Kermit Gosnell was found guilty of 237 crimes. Among his convictions were three counts of first-degree murder of infants born alive during attempted late-term abortions, one count of infanticide, and the involuntary manslaughter of a patient who died from complications of anesthesia administered by an unlicensed nurse. The [...]
- Mom Refuses Abortion, Gives Birth to Baby Developing Outside Her Womb: Doctors told 27-year-old Nicollete Soto that her life was at risk because her unborn baby was developing outside her womb in a rare condition known as a corneal pregnancy. Though physicians couldn’t remember any case of a successful pregnancy with such a condition, Soto would not consider an abortion and carried the pregnancy to 32 [...]
- Several Maryland Abortion Clinics Lose Licenses, Woman Dies From Abortion: Several Maryland-based abortion clinics had their licenses suspended today after the chain of abortion centers put women’s health and lives at risk by utilizing unlicensed and untrained workers. The Baltimore Sun has more information: State health regulators have suspended the licenses of several abortion clinics owned by Associates in OB/GYN Care for the second time [...]
- Court Rules Abortion More Important Than Women’s Lives: This week the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals struck down Arizona’s law prohibiting abortion at or after 20 weeks of pregnancy – a law that was based on uncontroverted medical evidence that abortion’s risks to maternal health increase dramatically at 20 weeks gestation. It is universally accepted that risks to maternal health from abortion increase as pregnancy [...]