Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- Tennessee faces challenge to 'abortion destination' reputation: Tennessee’s court-protected reputation as an uncomplicated place to get an abortion will see a major challenge on Election Day, as anti-abortion advocates vow to pull the state’s abortion rules back in line with the rest of the conservative Bible Belt.
- Anti-abortion lobby is pitching a new demographic: Democratic women: The experiment by the Susan B. Anthony List is being tried in the tight Iowa Senate race.
- Tennessee faces challenge to 'abortion destination' reputation (+video): A ballot measure in Tennessee states that nothing in the state constitution “secures or protects” a woman’s right to an abortion, which, if approved, would allow the Republican-led legislature to impose strictures on the procedure.
- 2 closed Alabama abortion clinics reopen: Two closed abortion clinics in Alabama have reopened, giving the state a total of five licensed clinics, but how long most remain open depends on the outcome of a lawsuit. The Planned Parenthood Southeast ...
- Oklahoma Doctor Privileges Law Upheld in Win For Abortion Foes: An Oklahoma law requiring abortion doctors have local hospital admitting privileges was allowed to stand as opponents lost a last ditch bid to block the measure, set to take effect Nov. 1, after similar laws were blocked across the country.
- "Social issues warrior:" Udall, Gardner trade barbs on abortion: It's a boy! It's a girl! Those words are much more likely to be announced in a doctor's office these days than in a delivery room.
- Oklahoma judge allows law on abortion pills to take effect: By Heide Brandes OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - An Oklahoma judge said on Wednesday he will allow a law governing the use of an abortion-inducing drug to take effect as planned on Nov. 1, over the objections of abortion rights advocates who said the measure is poor public health policy that could put women at risk. Oklahoma District Court Judge Robert Stuart turned down a request by abortion rights ...
- Cincinnati’s last abortion clinic gets warning from state: Cincinnati’s only remaining abortion clinic is violating state law and at risk for closure, an inspection report from the Ohio Department of Health warns.
- McCartney: On abortion and other women’s issues, attacks ads of both parties distort the truth: Both Democrats and GOP distort the truth on abortion, other women?s issues in political ads.
- Oklahoma judge allows law banning abortion pills to take effect: By Heide Brandes OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - An Oklahoma judge said on Wednesday he will allow a law that bans abortion-inducing drugs to take effect as planned on Nov. 1, over the objections of abortion rights advocates who said the measure is poor public health policy that could put women at risk. Oklahoma District Court Judge Robert Stuart turned down a request by abortion rights groups to halt ...
- Future Abortion Doctor: “Seeing an Arm Being Pulled Through the Vaginal Canal Was Shocking”: (LiveActionNews) — Men and women who are considering providing abortions as a career must overcome their natural revulsion to witnessing violence. They must silence their consciences and prepare themselves to participate in the destruction of human life on a daily basis. If they cannot do this, they will not be able to perform abortions. Here […]
- Congressman Charges Obama Officials with Aiding China’s Forced Abortions: Washington, DC (CFAM) — Pictures of mothers and their forcibly aborted babies ricochet across the Internet. Family planning agents extort massive fines from peasants. An attorney is tortured and jailed for defending mothers. Zhang Yimou, China’s acclaimed film producer is fined $1.24 million for violating his quota of children. Over the past six years, evidence […]
- Top 10 Ways Media Spin Abortion as ‘Moral,’ ‘Social Good’: A new book – a gospel of responsibility-free sex – defines abortion as “right,” “good” and “moral.” It’s what’s “best for kids” and it’s all about a woman’s “unalienable right” to pursue happiness. When Katha Pollitt, an outspoken feminist and columnist for The Nation, published “Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights” on Oct. 14, the journalists used it as a launching pad for their latest abortion obsession: […]
- She Was Told Her Son Would Be a Vegetable, Now He’s Graduating From College: In 1975, Frankie MacQueen was born with cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy is a neurological disorder that causes impairment of motor function due to brain injury or abnormal development of the brain. Most cases of cerebral palsy are diagnosed before the age of one; and only two percent of all cases are believed to be due […]
- Can Someone Who is an Atheist be Pro-Life on Abortion?: The fact of the matter is that most pro-life people have a religious faith. Catholics and evangelicals are strongly pro-life on abortion in the United States. But, can someone who is an atheist be pro-life on the human rights issue of our time? Regardless of where you stand on that question, check out this letter […]
- I Lost My Daughter to Suicide: A Nurse’s Response to Brittany Maynard’s Decision to Kill Herself: Do assisted suicide supporters really expect doctors and nurses to be able to assist the suicide of one patient, then go on to care for a similar patient who wants to live, without this having an effect on their ethics or their empathy? Do they realize that this reduces the second patient’s will to live […]