Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- Texas and Louisiana abortion laws blocked, but how many clinics remain?: In a matter of three days, two judges might have kept as many as 19 abortion clinics in Texas and Louisiana open – at least temporarily. On Friday, a federal judge in Texas blocked implementation of a Texas law that would have required abortion clinics in the state to meet the standards of hospital-like ambulatory surgical centers. On Sunday, a federal judge in Louisiana blocked the state from ...
- Judge finds Texas abortion rules unconstitutional: AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Tough new Texas abortion restrictions are on hold after a federal judge found Republican-led efforts to hold abortion clinics to hospital-level operating standards unconstitutional in a ruling that spares more than a dozen clinics from imminent closure.
- Texas and Louisiana abortion laws blocked, but are clinics disappearing?: Two federal court decisions in Texas and Louisiana have delayed the closure of many abortion clinics. But nationwide, the number of clinics is shrinking.
- Louisiana following judge's order on abortion law: BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The Louisiana health department will follow a federal judge's order and refrain from immediately penalizing doctors who are trying to comply with a new abortion law that requires them to obtain admitting privileges at a local hospital, a spokeswoman said Monday.
- Abbott appeals abortion ruling: Attorney General Greg Abbott late Sunday filed an emergency motion to the U.S. Court of Appeals to ask for permission to enforce a key piece of Texas's tough new abortion law as the legal battle over it continues. The motion, which was expected, follows a ruling by a federal district judge here Friday afternoon declaring unconstitutional the provision, which requires abortion facilities to ...
- Judge knocks down major parts of new Texas abortion law: At issue were two provisions of a Texas law that required abortion providers to maintain the same building requirements as an ambulatory surgical center. The law, known as HB 2, also required that any abortion provider have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital. The judge found that both provisions when enforced together created a substantial obstacle for women seeking access to abortion ...
- Federal judge halts key part of Texas abortion law: AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A federal judge Friday threw out new Texas abortion restrictions that would have effectively closed more than a dozen clinics statewide in a victory for opponents of tough new anti-abortion laws sweeping across the U.S.
- US judge blocks enforcement of new La abortion law: BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A federal judge has temporarily blocked Louisiana from enforcing its restrictive new abortion law. But lawyers and advocates appeared to disagree about whether the judge's order affects doctors at all five abortion clinics in the state or only those at three clinics whose lawsuit challenges the measure.
- Judge tosses out new requirements for abortion clinics in Texas: AUSTIN — A federal judge threw out new Texas abortion restrictions Friday that would have effectively closed more than a dozen clinics statewide in a victory for opponents of tough new anti-abortion laws sweeping across the U.S.
- Judge knocks down major parts of new Texas abortion law (+video): A federal judge struck down two provisions of a controversial Texas abortion law on Friday, ruling that they created an unconstitutional burden on women seeking abortions in the state.
- Obama Limits Campaigning to ‘States Where He’s Still Popular;’ Make That ‘Less Unpopular’: A Friday afternoon dispatch at the Politico from Carrie Budoff Brown and Jennifer Epstein tells us that “The White House is putting the finishing touches on a post-Labor Day schedule that will send the president to states where he’s still popular.” The list of states where the Politico pair alleges that’s the case is quite […]
- Student Gives Birth in High School Bathroom, Abandons Dead Baby for Classmates to Discover: A high school student reportedly gave birth in a Dallas high school bathroom and the dead baby was found when students alerted a janitor. officials have more questions than answers at this point, according to local news reports and police are looking for fellow students who may have more knowledge about what happened. “We’re reviewing […]
- I Am Not The Rapist’s Baby, I’m a Human Being and Glad I Wasn’t Aborted: My mother was raped; many would say I am the rapist’s baby. Those mothers who have been raped will quickly say their child is their baby, not the rapist’s. In my case, I was never the rapist’s baby, nor my mother’s. Mothers — whether you love them or hate them — they are always yours. […]
- Their Mothers Had Abortions to Further Their Careers, Now They’re Haunted by Missing Siblings: Imagine this scenario: a woman who graduated from college with top honors finds herself struggling when it comes to climbing the corporate ladder.She feels uncomfortable at work, failing to delegate when appropriate, feeling as if the weight of the entire company is on her overburdened shoulders. The source of the problem could be found in […]
- Lesbian Couple Asks Surrogate to Abort Baby After Learning She Had Down Syndrome: Two recent cases of parents wanting their surrogate mother to have an abortion when tests revealed the baby had some sort of disability have received international attention in recent weeks. Now, yet another case has cropped up. As LifeNews has reported, after the worldwide storm over baby Gammy, a child with Down Syndrome whose parents […]
- “Mommy You Did THAT?” How Christian Parents Told Our Kids About Sex: It was the summer of 2011. We were visiting friends in North Carolina one weekend for a lovely wedding on the beach. Our strong-willed, opinionated and hyper-inquisitive children, a boy and two girls, were, at the time, 10, 7 and 6 respectively. My gorgeous, though Chicago-tough and Sicilian-sassy, wife and I were at lunch with […]