Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- What Drives Abortion: The Law or Income?: About 5 million women worldwide are admitted to hospitals each year because of complications after an abortion. But the key to stopping these injuries may have nothing to with changing the law.
- Abortion-rights group targets Scott with mailers: TALLAHASSEE -- NARAL Pro-Choice America, a national abortion-rights organization, is targeting Florida Gov. Rick Scott along with fellow Republican Govs. Sam Brownback of Kansas and Scott Walker of Wisconsin with direct-mail, online ads and phone calls to voters.
- Brazil presidential hopefuls remain silent on abortion: With the election just days away, the tragedy of illegal procedures is failing to trigger public debate
- El Salvador abortion ban is torture, kills women: Amnesty: By Anastasia Moloney BOGOTA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - El Salvador’s total ban on abortion is killing women and girls, forcing them to undergo dangerous backstreet abortions and landing them in jail, rights group Amnesty International said on Thursday. Abortion has been illegal in the Central American nation since 1998 - even in cases of rape, incest, a severely deformed fetus or when the ...
- Tennessee voters to weigh in on abortion for first time: In Alabama, abortion rights advocates have set up an online crowd-sourcing campaign to raise money to help women get to Nashville for an abortion.
- Spain's Abortion Debate Shakes Government That Pledged To Ban It: Supporters and opponents of abortion have taken turns taking to the streets. After months of protests, the conservative prime minister has dropped his plan to enact a strict anti-abortion law.
- Spain's PM scraps hardline abortion reform: By Sonya Dowsett and Emma Pinedo MADRID (Reuters) - Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy on Tuesday scrapped proposed changes in the abortion law that would have made Spain one of the most difficult countries in Europe in which to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, prompting the justice minister to resign. The bill had proposed allowing abortion only in the case of rape or if the pregnancy posed a serious ...
- Anti-Abortion Group Endorses Otter, Lauds his Record: BOISE | The anti-abortion group Idaho Chooses Life announced Monday that it is backing Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter's re-election bid.
- Minister resigns over Spain's failed abortion reform: Madrid (AFP) - Spain's justice minister resigned on Tuesday over a failed bid to restrict women's right to abortion, which had sparked mass protests and international condemnation.
- Spain scraps abortion plan, justice chief quits: MADRID (AP) — The Spanish government has scrapped plans to restrict the availability of abortion because there was no consensus for change, the prime minister said Tuesday, in a move that brought the resignation of the justice minister who was in charge of introducing a new law.
- Jessa Duggar Criticized for Linking the Holocaust With Abortion: The word “holocaust” is defined as the destruction or slaughter of people on a mass scale. Some pro-life people think its fair to say that the killing of over 57 million people through abortion fits the definition. However, when Jessa Duggar from 19 Kids and Counting, linked the Jewish Holocaust with abortion on an Instragram […]
- Vermont Governor: We’re “Blessed” to Have Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz Here: Vermont Governor Pete Shumlin participated in an event promoting the Planned Parenthood abortion business. There, the governor of one of the most liberal states in the nation said his state is “blessed” to have the nation’s largest abortion business there. Shumlin, along with several other candidates gathered at the Planned Parenthood of Vermont’s Administrative Offices […]
- Pro-Abortion Pastors: Christians Shouldn’t Oppose Abortion: In an article published today in The Washington Post, pro-abortion Reverends, Dr. Alethea Smith-Withers and Harry Knox, argue that people of faith shouldn’t oppose abortion. They also claim the there are only “a few strident voices” in the religious community that speak out against abortion. In the article, Reverends like us should never oppose access […]
- Scientists Discover Children’s Math Skills Developed While in the Womb: A recent article from The Daily Mail reveals scientists have discovered a child’s math skills are developed while still in the womb. From the article: Thyroxine, which passes from mother to baby in the womb, is crucial for the development of the brain – but many expectant mothers have too little of it. Researcher Martijn […]
- Doctor Refuses to Treat Child With Trisomy 18, Tells Mom “She’s Lived Longer Than Expected”: We have a friend, Kayse, here in Michigan who has a beautiful little 2 year old girl named Lila. Kayse sent us an update the other day (Saturday September 27th) because Lila has been sick for the last couple of weeks. Most people have read about the viruses making their way around the country and […]
- “Pro-Choice” Activist Vandalizes Hundreds of Student Newspapers Over Pregnancy Center Ad: It is a free country so a Drake University professor of English and Women’s and Gender Studies was welcome to hammer the student newspaper (the Times-Delphic) for the audacity of running an ad from AGAPE Pregnancy Center in Des Moines, Iowa. Beth Younger walloped AGAPE with the usual pro-abortion subtly(AGAPE is one of “these deceptive […]