Abort73.com / Facts About Abortion / Abortion in the News
Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- Abortion Law in Arkansas Is Blocked by U.S. Judge: A ban on abortion at the 12th week of pregnancy is likely to be declared unconstitutional, a federal district judge said.
- How deal was struck for abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell to serve life sentence: The Philadelphia abortion doctor convicted of first-degree murder has waived his right to appeal the verdict in exchange for prosecutors agreeing to drop the death penalty, the district attorney announced Tuesday.
- Abortion doc set for last court hearing amid deal: PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A Philadelphia abortion doctor convicted of killing three babies born alive at his clinic will be formally sentenced in the death of one of the babies Wednesday, along with the overdose death of a patient and hundreds of abortion law violations.
- Legal challenges begin against ND abortion laws: FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Abortion rights activists on Wednesday filed the first of what they expect will be several legal challenges to laws recently approved in North Dakota that would make that state the most restrictive in the country for women to terminate their pregnancies.
- Abortion doctor avoids death sentence: A Philadelphia abortion provider found guilty of first-degree murder has agreed give up his right to appeal in exchange for avoiding a possible death sentence, Philadelphia's district attorney's office announced Tuesday.
- Gosnell Case Fuels Abortion Debate: Gosnell case reignites bitter US abortion debate; it's a 'grotesque wake-up call' for dialogue
- Pa. abortion doctor gets third life sentence: PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A Philadelphia abortion doctor was sentenced Wednesday to a third life term for killing an aborted baby he described as so big it could "walk to the bus."
- Abortion: Birth, Crisis Counseling Are Better Options: With the convictions in in the case against abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell – three counts of murdering live babies and one count of involuntary manslaughter – abortion is back in the national discussion.
- Abortion doctor convicted of murder waives appeal, avoids death sentence: A Philadelphia abortion provider found guilty of first-degree murder has agreed give up his right to appeal in exchange for avoiding a possible death sentence, Philadelphia's district attorney's office announced Tuesday.
- Abortion doctor sentenced to life in prison in baby's death: Philadelphia abortion provider Kermit Gosnell was sentenced Wednesday to life with no parole in the death of one of three babies who died in his clinic.
- Congressman Pushes National Ban on Abortions After 20 Weeks: Following the national outrage over Kermit Gosnell and his late-term abortions that were essentially infanticide, a pro-life Republican member of Congress is pushing legislation that would ban abortions on babies after 20 weeks of pregnancy nationwide. Congressman Trent Franks informed LifeNews today that he will advance legislation to provide protection nationwide for unborn children who [...]
- “Doctor” Got Away With Killing 26-Week Baby Born Alive After Abortion: Sacramento, CA (LiveActionNews) –California abortionist Dr. Gordon Sean Goei of Centre Medico Planning Clinic had a long history of disciplinary action against him when he botched an abortion on 42-year-old Doloras Sandoval. She was taken to the Northridge Hospital Medical Center, where doctors treated her for heavy bleeding and performed emergency surgery to save her [...]
- How Can You Use the Gosnell Case to Change Minds on Abortion?: Megan Almon from Life Training Institute joins Gabi and me to discuss how pro-lifers can have productive conversations about Gosnell, as well as the common mistakes pro-lifers should avoid. One of the most common questions we get is “how do you start non-weird conversations about abortion when you’re not on campus next to a pro-life [...]
- Judge Stops Arkansas Law Banning Abortions at 12 Weeks: A judge has issued an injunction preventing the enforcement of the strongest pro-life law on the books in the nation. The measure bans abortion after 12 weeks of pregnancy. The state legislature had to override a gubernatorial veto to get the law in place. The Republican House voted 56-33 to override after the state Senate [...]
- Religious Group Protests Laws That Could Stop Other Kermit Gosnells: In early May, the trial of Kermit Gosnell was drawing to a close. Our nation was gripped by the revelations of how for years, this notorious abortionist had enjoyed free reign to do his bloody work in horrifically unsanitary, effectively unregulated conditions, resulting in the murder of a number of newly born-alive babies and one [...]
- Documents Prove IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Groups Dates to 2009: Today, the Thomas More Society offered over 150 pages of analysis and evidence to the House Ways and Means Committee about repeated IRS harassment of pro-life organizations. At the request of Congressman Aaron Schock (R-IL), Thomas More Society President Thomas Brejcha, Executive Director Peter Breen, and Special Counsel Sally Wagenmaker, prepared the legal memorandum with [...]