Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- Chile's Bachelet sends abortion bill to Congress : Chile's President Michelle Bachelet on Saturday pressed ahead with plans to decriminalize abortion in certain cases, a decades-old taboo in one of Latin America's most socially conservative countries. Bachelet's office has sent a bill to Congress which will allow abortion in cases of rape, risk to the mother or deadly birth defects. Since the final days of the Augusto Pinochet dictatorship ...
- SDLP opposes NI abortion law change: The SDLP is to oppose changing the law to allow abortion in cases where women have been raped or are carrying a foetus with a lethal abnormality.
- Democratic US Rep. Ryan says he now supports abortion rights: COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A Democratic congressman who is weighing a U.S. Senate run in politically divided Ohio has publicly switched his position to supporting abortion rights, saying Wednesday the decision is deeply personal and unrelated to any political aspirations.
- The Fix: States that are more opposed to abortion rights have fewer abortions — but not fewer unintended pregnancies: A new study shows they actually have slightly more.
- After listening to women, a Congressman switches sides on abortion: Ohio Democrat Tim Ryan, a longtime opponent of abortion rights, says that he changed his mind after hearing the accounts of women in his state and across the US.
- Dominican Republic moves to ease abortion ban, challenges remain: rights group: By Anastasia Moloney BOGOTA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A presidential decision to ease the Dominican Republic's ban on abortion is a landmark victory for women's rights, but ensuring women can access legal and potentially life-saving abortions remains a challenge, a rights group has said. President Danilo Medina recommended that lawmakers amend the criminal code to allow abortion in cases of ...
- GOP pushes abortion bill through House on March for Life Day: WASHINGTON (AP) — With thousands of abortion protesters swarming the city in their annual March for Life, Republicans muscled broadened abortion restrictions through the House on Thursday after a GOP rebellion forced leaders into an awkward retreat on an earlier version.
- Abortion Vote Shows How Much Democrats' World Has Changed: Of those 64 Democrats who cast a key anti-abortion vote in November 2009, only 12 remain in the House today.
- Chile proposes to end abortion ban: Chilean President Michelle Bachelet announces plans to end a total ban on abortions in the predominantly Roman Catholic country.
- Chile's Bachelet takes on conservatives with plan to ease abortion ban: By Anthony Esposito SANTIAGO (Reuters) - Chile's president, Michelle Bachelet, unveiled plans on Saturday to ease a complete ban on abortions in the socially conservative South American country. In a televised address, leftist Bachelet said she was sending Congress a draft bill that would permit abortion when a mother's life is at risk, a fetus will not survive the pregnancy, or in the case of ...
- Dumbest Abortion Merchandise Ever: “Abortion Sends Babies to God Faster”: So, I stumbled onto the Shop CafePress website, where, according to the site, “the world turns for unique products that express what people love most.” What do people love most? I guess abortion, because the site has an entire line of T-Shirts, novelties, and apparel that say, “Abortion Sends Babies To God Faster.” There is […]
- Dead Newborn Baby About 19-20 Weeks Along Found at Sewage Treatment Plant: State and local police in Rhode Island are investigating after a worker at the Narragansett Bay Commission’s Bucklin Point Wastewater Treatment Facility discovered the body of a dead newborn baby Monday afternoon in some debris. An autopsy on the male baby found the child was 19 or 20 weeks along, about halfway through a typical […]
- She Had Four Abortions, Was There Any Way God Could Forgive Her?: On January 29th, Star Parker told pro-life activists at the Family Research Council headquarters she had used abortion as birth control and had four abortions, because she “got caught up in the lies of the Left.” Parker is the founder and president of the Center for Urban Renewal and Education, a public policy organization that […]
- Abortion Clinic Pressured Woman With Second Thoughts to Have Abortion: Hurry Up and Decide: (LiveActionNews) — In book on postabortion regret by Melinda Tankard Reist , an Australian woman identified as Genevieve describes the “counseling” she received in an abortion clinic. Torn between having her baby and having an abortion, Genevieve went to her appointment but ended up outside the abortion clinic door, sobbing. She describes a conversation she […]
- I Was Supposed to Have Died in the Abortion, But a Few Weeks Later I Was Still Alive: Claire Culwell tells her story: “My birth mother was 13 years old at the time she became pregnant with me. Her mother took her straight to an abortion clinic where she had a surgical abortion. After thinking she had “fixed the problem,” a few weeks later she realized her belly was still growing. Her mother […]
- Doctors Refused to Help This Baby With Trisomy 18, She Almost Died But This Happened: You go to the doctor with a chronic headache and he suggests cutting off your head. The doctor assures you that this will put a permanent end to your headaches. Sounds crazy, but that is the same logic the medical community often uses with the biologically imperfect. Your baby has a heart condition, chromosomal abnormality, […]