Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- Judge finds Texas abortion rules unconstitutional: AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Tough new Texas abortion restrictions are on hold after a federal judge found Republican-led efforts to hold abortion clinics to hospital-level operating standards unconstitutional in a ruling that spares more than a dozen clinics from imminent closure.
- Judge knocks down major parts of new Texas abortion law: At issue were two provisions of a Texas law that required abortion providers to maintain the same building requirements as an ambulatory surgical center. The law, known as HB 2, also required that any abortion provider have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital. The judge found that both provisions when enforced together created a substantial obstacle for women seeking access to abortion ...
- Federal judge halts key part of Texas abortion law: AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A federal judge Friday threw out new Texas abortion restrictions that would have effectively closed more than a dozen clinics statewide in a victory for opponents of tough new anti-abortion laws sweeping across the U.S.
- Judge tosses out new requirements for abortion clinics in Texas: AUSTIN — A federal judge threw out new Texas abortion restrictions Friday that would have effectively closed more than a dozen clinics statewide in a victory for opponents of tough new anti-abortion laws sweeping across the U.S.
- Judge knocks down major parts of new Texas abortion law (+video): A federal judge struck down two provisions of a controversial Texas abortion law on Friday, ruling that they created an unconstitutional burden on women seeking abortions in the state.
- Federal judge strikes key part of Texas abortion law: AUSTIN, Texas — A federal judge Friday threw out new Texas abortion restrictions that would have effectively closed more than a dozen clinics in the state. U.S. District Judge Lee...
- Federal judge strikes down key part of restrictive Texas abortion law: A federal judge late Friday struck down two provisions of a Texas law that has already forced the closure of half the state’s abortion clinics, granting at least a temporary reprieve to nearly a dozen more facilities that would have otherwise gone out of business Monday.
- US judge blocks enforcement of new La abortion law: BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A federal judge has temporarily blocked Louisiana from enforcing its restrictive new abortion law. But lawyers and advocates appeared to disagree about whether the judge's order affects doctors at all five abortion clinics in the state or only those at three clinics whose lawsuit challenges the measure.
- Judge Halts Key Part of Texas Abortion Law: A federal judge Friday threw out new Texas abortion restrictions that would have effectively closed more than a dozen clinics in the state.
- Texas abortion law struck down by federal judge: Federal judge has thrown out law that would have banned procedure at majority of facilities statewide
- Planned Parenthood Raising $16 Million to Keep the Senate in Pro-Abortion Hands: Faced with clinic closings and legislative defeats, Planned Parenthood’s political arm (Planned Parenthood Action Fund) is in the process of spending $16 million in this fall’s races. To gin up contributions, Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards has sent out a fiery but fact-challenged appeal fundraising letter to would-be supporters. This massive political involvement may come […]
- Texas Judge Strikes Down Pro-Life Law That Closed Abortion Clinics: A Texas judge has blocked a pro-life law credited with closing multiple abortion clinics and cutting abortions 13 percent, saving an estimated 9,900 babies from abortion. The legislation, House Bill 2 (HB2), requires abortion facilities to meet the same safety standards of other Ambulatory Surgical Centers in the state, ensures that abortionists have admitting privileges […]
- 32 Women Have Died From Legal Abortions at Hospitals in India Since 2008: The Hindu has written that the city of New Delhi, India is reporting that 32 women have died since 2008 from abortions performed at government hospitals. These are only registered deaths, however. The information comes from a Right to Information (RTI) reply, which not only confirms the deaths, but that over 50 abortions are carried […]
- 1,000 Babies are Killed in Abortions in Germany and Austria Daily: Flanked by 120 law enforcement officers, 300 pro-life demonstrators marched the streets of Salzburg, Austria in peaceful solidarity. Several protesters were detained by police as the marchers carried white crosses, a symbol of the 1,000 human beings massacred every day through legalized abortion in Austria and Germany. Banners reading “1000 Ungeborene Jeden Tag” (“1,000 Unborn […]
- Planned Parenthood Calling Abortion a “Voluntary Miscarriage” is Patently Offensive: Moral theologian William Smith once commented that “all social engineering is preceded by verbal engineering.” In today’s 140-character Twitter world, what this means is that it is not very hard to manipulate language to deceive an unaware public. This is why the culture defines the act of aborting a baby as an “issue”! Talk about […]
- Pro-Life People Need to Support Tennessee’s Amendment 1: Of the 144 different measures so far on election ballots this November across the country, one of the most important is Tennessee’s Amendment 1. If passed, it will eliminate one of the most egregious state supreme court decisions in U.S. history and open the door to commonsense health and safety standards that will protect the […]