Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- Dominican Republic moves to ease abortion ban, challenges remain: rights group: By Anastasia Moloney BOGOTA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A presidential decision to ease the Dominican Republic's ban on abortion is a landmark victory for women's rights, but ensuring women can access legal and potentially life-saving abortions remains a challenge, a rights group has said. President Danilo Medina recommended that lawmakers amend the criminal code to allow abortion in cases of ...
- Abortion Vote Shows How Much Democrats' World Has Changed: Of those 64 Democrats who cast a key anti-abortion vote in November 2009, only 12 remain in the House today.
- Abortion opponents express renewed hope at California rally: SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Anti-abortion activists attending a march in San Francisco on Saturday offered personal stories about how an abortion negatively affected their lives and expressed renewed hope that the procedure will be outlawed or at least further curtailed now that Republicans are back in control of Congress.
- China media: High abortion rate: Papers in China express concern over high abortion rates among young women and call for better sex education.
- GOP pushes abortion bill through House on March for Life Day: WASHINGTON (AP) — With thousands of abortion protesters swarming the city in their annual March for Life, Republicans muscled broadened abortion restrictions through the House on Thursday after a GOP rebellion forced leaders into an awkward retreat on an earlier version.
- Group seeks to modify abortion law: COLUMBUS — Ohio Right to Life wants to push the legal envelope on abortion restrictions by prohibiting the procedure after 20 weeks of gestation.
- Push to improve access to abortion services by Northern Territory doctors: Northern Territory doctors have called for major reforms to abortion services in the Top End.
- OPINION: GOP and abortion in age of ObamaCare: Time for a new strategy: As thousands descended on Washington last week for the annual “March for Life,” the Republican House of Representatives was busy watering down an anti-abortion bill that restricted abortions after 20 weeks, except in cases of rape or incest, with exemptions allowed only after a police report had been filed.
- ‘A Stunning Approval for Abortion': Roe v. Wade Reactions: The Supreme Court case was decided on this day in 1973
- Abortion debate roils U.S. House on Roe v. Wade anniversary: By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill permanently barring federal funding of abortions on Thursday after Republican leaders dropped harsher anti-abortion legislation due to opposition from some of the party's moderate lawmakers. Passage of the bill, and the setback for conservative House Republicans when the more restrictive abortion legislation ...
- Woman Gives Couple at Walmart Her Newborn Baby She Didn’t Want Anymore: Today a middle-aged couple dropped off a newborn baby at a Colorado Fire Station. According to the Lakewood Police, the couple told firefighters that a woman at Walmart approached them and said she didn’t want her baby anymore. Cody Beinlich, a fire fighter and paramedic who was at the fire station when the baby was […]
- Obi Wan Kenobi Actor Alex Guinness Could Easily Have Been a Victim of Abortion: Those of us old enough to remember seeing the original “Star Wars” (at the theatres in 1977 are not the least bit surprised that it seems as if the trailer for the latest installment (“Star Wars: Episode VII–The Force Awakens”) has been seen by half the people in the known universe. The list of “iconic” […]
- Wisconsin Lawmakers Want Planned Parenthood Audit After It Overbilled State for $3.5 Million: A group of Wisconsin law makers is calling for an investigation into family planning centers and Planned Parenthood centers in the state. The request was sent by 28 Wisconsin State Representatives and 4 State Senators in a letter dated January 22, 2015, to Senator Robert Crowles and Representative Samantha Kerkman, co-chairmen of the non-partisan Joint […]
- Chinese Woman Tried to Sell Her Baby for $7,000, Charged With Human Trafficking: In China, a woman has been charged with human trafficking and conspiring to sell her baby boy for nearly $7,000. The police were notified about the situation after the woman’s mother-in-law contacted the police. Apparently the woman, who is known as Huang, told her family that her baby died shortly after birth. However, in reality […]
- Woman Who Set Her Newborn Baby on Fire, Killing Her Baby, Screamed “It’s Not Mine”: The New Jersey woman under arrest and charged with murder after allegedly putting her newborn baby in the middle of the road and setting the infant on fire reportedly said during a 911 call that the baby was not hers. Witnesses tell authorities she claimed “it’s not my baby” after neighbors discovered what was happening. […]
- Woman Four Months Pregnant Brutally Attacked in Robbery, Dragged Down the Road: On January 17th, a criminal attacked a 27-year-old pregnant woman after an attempted robbery in Manchester, England. The man threw the woman on the ground, breaking her leg, while attempting to steal her purse. Immediately after the incident the woman, who was 4 months pregnant, was taken to the hospital and examined by doctors. Thankfully […]