Abortion in the News
Abortion-Related News From Around the World
On this page you'll find constantly updated links to the most recent, abortion-related articles from Yahoo! News and LifeNews. Because these articles come are from 3rd party sources, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Abort73.com
RESULTS FROM YAHOO! NEWS
- Abortion in the South: how Mississippi ruling could affect other states: A panel from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a 2012 Mississippi law mandating clinic doctors have admitting privileges at local hospitals deprived women of their rights.
- Court refuses to shut down Mississippi's lone abortion clinic: Mississippi's lone abortion clinic can stay open, after a federal appeals court Tuesday ruled against a state law that effectively would have shut it down -- contending that it wasn't right to simply pass the buck to other states.
- Mississippi’s Only Abortion Clinic Will Stay Open After Court Ruling: A federal appeals panel blocked a law that would have closed the one abortion clinic in Mississippi
- Mississippi's Only Abortion Clinic Can Stay Open: The only abortion clinic in the entire state of Mississippi will stay open after an appeals court panel struck down a law designed to close it. Judges from the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a law that would effectively force the state's last remaining clinic to shut down, placed an undue burden on women. In the court's ruling, Judge E. Grady Jolly argued that "Mississippi may ...
- Court blocks Mississippi from closing state's last abortion clinic: After a series of setbacks, abortion rights advocates claimed a small victory Tuesday after a federal appeals court blocked a law that would have closed the last remaining abortion clinic in Mississippi.
- Appeals court rules Mississippi abortion law unconstitutional: By Emily Le Coz JACKSON Miss. (Reuters) - A Mississippi law that would shut down the state's only abortion clinic, forcing women to go outside the state for the procedure, is unconstitutional, a federal appeals court ruled on Tuesday. Upholding a lower court's preliminary injunction against the law, a three-judge panel from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in a 2-1 decision that the ...
- US Appeals Court Blocks Mississippi Abortion Law: US appeals court keeps Mississippi's last abortion clinic open, saying rights need protection
- US appeals court blocks Mississippi's anti-abortion law, keeps clinic open: A federal appeals court panel ruled Tuesday that a Mississippi law that would close the state’s only abortion clinic is unconstitutional.
- Gov. Patrick Signs Mass. Abortion Buffer Zone Bill: Governor Deval Patrick signed a bill that increases security at reproductive health care facilities. The bill is in response to the Supreme Court’s ruling against Massachusetts’ 35-foot buffer zone law last month.
- Court Keeps Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic Open: Mississippi's effort to close its last abortion clinic was overturned in federal appellate court on Tuesday.
- Girl Cries When She Learns Her Little Brother Will Grow Up: “But He’s So Cute!”: When a girl finds out her little brother will grow up, she’s devastated. That’s because Sadie has the same reaction most of us do with it comes to babies: “They’re so cute!” Sadie is a five-year-old who just found out her adorable baby brother is going to grow up and no longer be as cute. […]
- Mom Just Watched as Neighbor Found Abandoned Baby She Left on the Side of the Road: There were hints in the early reports about an abandoned baby who was found on a dirt road in White Cloud, Michigan that there were even more shocking revelations. On Monday, a little after 10:00 am, Bobby, a black Labrador, pulled his owner, Jeff Kopp, down the road and toward a satellite dish. What Kopp […]
- Massachusetts Governor Signs Radical Bill Prohibiting Pro-Life Free Speech: Despite the fact the nation’s highest court took the state of Massachusetts to task for passing a law curtailing the free speech rights of pro-life advocates, the Bay State is again trying to suppress them. In a unanimous decision last month, the Supreme Court struck down a Massachusetts buffer zone law prohibiting pro-life free speech […]
- Man Took 14-Year-Old For Three Abortions After Impregnating Her, Clinics Ignored the Rapes: Last week the pro-life organization, Life Dynamics, Inc. released a stunning report which detailed actual criminal cases of adult pedophiles who used abortion to cover their crimes. The group points out that in case after case where the predators impregnated their victims, the abortion clinics failed to report the abuse, leaving the young victims to […]
- Tears Streamed Down Her Face as She Talked About Her Abortion, But Abortion Doesn’t Hurt Women?: Washington, DC (LiveActionNews) — She sat across from me, tears streaming down her face. The subject of abortion came up and this woman struggled to discuss it. ‘Emotionally damaging’ was the phrase she used to describe the procedure. She thought about her child. She wondered how old he or she may be. As she reflected […]
- Texas Man Faces Murder for Beating Pregnant Girlfriend So Brutally He Killed Her Unborn Baby: A Texas man faces murder charges for beating his pregnant girlfriend so brutally that he killed her three-month unborn baby. Matthew Lara faces assault charges for severely beating his pregnant girlfriend and capital murder for killing her baby. Here’s more on the charges the 18-year-old faces and what happened: Lara’s bond was set at $1.1 […]