The vision, history and beliefs of Loxafamosity Ministries.
Abort73 exists under the banner of Loxafamosity Ministries, and is our response to God's call to establish justice, expose evil, minister to the needy and helpless, and extend love to every human person.
Abort73.com is part of Loxafamosity Ministries, Inc. (LMI), a non-profit 501(c)3 Christian education corporation. Abort73.com is an online resource designed to creatively and comprehensively educate people about the injustice of abortion, and provide them with simple tools to help pass that education along to others.
Motivated by our Christian calling to establish justice, expose evil, minister to the afflicted, and extend love to every human person, Abort73 is working to demonstrate that abortion is a historic injustice. We believe the best way to do this is by persistently, creatively, and comprehensively presenting the massive body of evidence that condemns abortion. We think it is good and necessary to use both secular and theological arguments to make the case against abortion. Day after day, abortion kills thousands of the most innocent and helpless members of the human community. As God's people, we cannot do nothing.
Doctrinal statements of belief have some value, but lives of faithful love and obedience have far more value. Jesus makes it clear throughout the gospel accounts that the things we do are more revealing than the things we claim. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but (only) the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” Jesus says that in the Gospel of Matthew. If you still want to know what we believe, we would articulate it as follows:
- We believe one God created the world, a God who is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness and faithfulness, who keeps promises, forgives sin and punishes the guilty. He may be known personally and reveals himself in Scripture as a Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe God created the world as "very good," making humans his image-bearers (the Imago Dei) and rulers over creation. However, through willful disobedience at "the Fall," humankind brought God's curse upon creation—leaving humanity and the entire created order in need of salvation, healing, and renewal.
- We believe the Bible tells the story of God's plan of salvation from creation to new creation. It is authoritative and sufficient for all matters of faith and practice. It is able to make a person wise unto salvation and equip us for every good work. Along with the Bible, God reveals himself to humankind through the universe he created, the law he wrote on our hearts, and the Spirit through which He opens blind eyes.
- We believe Jesus is God's unique and royal son, the image of the invisible God, the world's true Lord and Messiah, fully human and fully Divine. He is the Word of God. He was sent from the Father and born of a virgin, in fulfillment of covenant promises and prophecies, to accomplish salvation for humanity and all of creation by inaugurating God's kingdom. He did this through his exemplary and sinless life, his sacrificial and substitutionary death on the cross, his resurrection from the dead, his ascension to the right hand of God, and the giving of the Spirit. He will fully and finally consummate salvation upon his imminent return.
- We believe personal salvation, divinely speaking, involves God's powerful and merciful rescue from slavery to sin, union with Christ in his death and resurrection, transformation to new life, and inclusion among God's people, the church. Humanly speaking, salvation comes when a person hears the gospel of Jesus, repents of sin, and believes in and follows Jesus as Lord and Savior. Salvation is a gift of mercy and grace that can never be earned.
- We believe the church is the present anticipation of God's salvation, kingdom, and new creation. The church is the bride and body of Christ, God's family and renewed humanity, his sin-forgiven, redeemed, reborn, Spirit-led, and justified people from every tribe, tongue, and nation, called to be a "light to the world" and sign of God's love and healing of creation.
- We believe that the calling of the church has inescapable social implications. The commands to establish justice and "love your neighbor," as modeled by Jesus and rooted in the Imago Dei, involves an active caring for the marginalized, needy, and helpless—including abortion-vulnerable children. Both through evangelism and social action, the church should work to combat injustice and seek to bring signs of healing and hope to the world. Since human beings are made in the image of God, every person, regardless of race, religion, color, sex, or age, has value and should be respected and served, not exploited.
HISTORY AND VISION
On Jan 1, 2000, Loxafamosity began as a website attempting to communicate a biblical worldview across a variety of issues. In June 2004, it became Loxafamosity Ministries, Inc. (LMI), receiving 501c3 status. The founder and director of the organization, Michael Spielman, having done pro-life work for a number of years with the Center for Bio-Ethical Reform (CBR), saw a need to more efficiently use the internet as a means of educating students about the injustice of abortion. If widespread change were going to happen in this country (and the world), it was imperative to reach and teach young people in new and creative ways. With the formal incorporation of Loxafamosity Ministries, a vehicle was in place to embark on a new project: Abort73.com.
Abort73.com officially launched in 2005. Today the website reaches thousands of unique visitors each day, and Abort73's presence on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Flickr and Twitter reaches countless more. For a fuller explanation of Abort73's marketing and outreach strategy, visit "Education Before Legislation" and "Marketing Past the Stereotypes."